Mini Crib Mattress
Our innovative Breathe-Thru Technology allows your baby to breathe right through, reducing the risk of suffocation. They’ll rest easy. You can, too.
The only crib mattress that's washable from cover to core. NO foam, glue, latex or springs, so your baby will enjoy a cleaner, hypoallergenic sleep.
100% Better Sleep
The right level of comfort, support and air circulation means your baby will sleep better on a Newton. Happy mornings — and no sweaty backs!
2-Stage Slim Infant through Toddler Mattress3-inch low-profile core, designed for rigid-sided mini cribs only.
100% Breathe-Thru Single- Layer CoverSoft, single layer eyelet cover with a natural viscose lining. Viscose is our natural chemical free approach for exceeding rigorous federal flammability standards. Fully breathable and machine washable.
Wovenaire® Core90% air, 10% food-grade polymer and much more breathable than leading organic mattresses. Provides just the right firmness for babies and comfort for toddlers—there’s no need to flip the mattress as your baby grows.
GREENGUARD Gold CertifiedOur mattress is independently tested and certified for low chemical emissions, exceeding the highest industry emissions safety standards to help improve indoor air quality.
The Reviews Are In
We're providing peace of mind — for bedtime and beyond.
"We purchased the Newton crib mattress for our 3 month old after extensive research. She absolutely loves the mattress and sleeps comfortably during her naps and at night. The mattress is very well designed and so breathable that I never worry about her now that she can roll to her belly. I love everything about this product including the washable covers. The soft pink is perfectly delicate and adds just the right touch!"
"I started recommending this mattress the morning after my baby slept on it for the first time—it was the first time she slept thru the night on her own! Great quality, easy to clean, baby obviously loves it so I love it too!"
"This mattress is truly breathable. I love that it is easy to clean. Our reflux baby is finally sleeping well."
"Super happy with our purchase. I loved that we could wash the whole thing if needed, and our baby seemed to love it too. Seamless transition from a basinet to a crib."
"My little one sleeps so great on this mattress. I don’t need to worry if she sleeps face down, it’s a relief how breathable it is."
"We recently transitioned from a bassinet to mini crib. She has slept well on it! The peace of mind that she'll be safe if she rolls on her belly is huge."
"Waiting for the baby, but the first thing I did was put my face in it, and I can breathe really well! Totally breathable."
"Love Newton! This is our second mattress for the second baby. We have the full size crib mattress for our first (who is now 2.5, and still uses it) and have been really happy with it! LOVE that it’s fully washable. Worth every penny!"
- Fully breathable, washable and recyclable
- Wovenaire® core is made of safe, food grade polymer
- Single layer 3D spacer cover is 100% polyester
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- The firmness they need and the comfort they want
- Tested to meet Australian Firmness Standard
- Meets all ASTM and CPSC standards. Lead & phthalate free
- Mini Dimensions: 37.75" x 23.75" x 3"
- Mini Weight: 9 lbs.
Testing & Certifications
In a third-party CPSC accredited laboratory, tests showed that a baby gets 97% more air while breathing through a Newton Crib Mattress than on a conventional waterproof crib mattress.
Newton Baby products have been independently tested and certified by UL to meet GREENGUARD Gold standards for the lowest chemical emissions. The standards are among the most rigorous in the world to test for the lowest measurements of chemical emissions such as VOCs, and certifies that Newton products help to promote a healthier indoor air quality. With Newton, you can rest assured your baby is sleeping safely.
Care & Use
Washing the Cover:
- Washing the outer cover before first use is optional.
- Cover zips off and goes right in the washing machine.
- Be sure to leave the cover zipped for best results.
- Wash on cold with a mild detergent.
- Dry immediately in dryer on tumble dry low heat setting, allowing to dry thoroughly. DO NOT leave damp from wash; DO NOT hang dry.
- Wash the cover as often as you like.
TIP: The Essential cover is made with natural Viscose layer which may develop an odor if allowed to remain damp (like a wool sweater). To refresh, add 1/2 cup baking soda to the wash.
Washing the core:
- For the really big mess or just for seasonal cleaning, the core can be washed whenever needed.
- Wash in the shower with soap & cool water or rinse outside with a hose.
- Shake excess water out of core and stand-up to dry.
- Place in well ventilated area for faster drying.
- Avoid drying in direct sunlight and do not use heating elements to speed the drying process.
Shipping & Delivery
- Ships by FedEx
- Generally arrives within 4-12 business days
- Free Shipping in the contiguous 48 states
- $50 shipping fee to Canada. Taxes (GTS/HTS) calculated at checkout based on zip code.
- Alaska + Hawaii shipping calculated at checkout
Returns & Exchanges
- Ships via FedEx
- Transit time: 3-7 days once shipped
- Free Shipping in the contiguous 48 states
- Shipping fee to HI & AK calculated at checkout based on zip code
- $50 flat fee per mattress for Canada (includes duties and taxes)
100-Night Free Trial
Try the Newton Crib Mattress for 100 nights risk-free to decide if it's right for you and your baby. If either of you aren’t happy, simply return at our expense for a full refund.
Top 3 Crib Mattress Questions
Is your baby mattress organic?
While the Newton Crib Mattress is not organic, it is a safer crib mattress for baby. Most "organic" baby crib mattresses feature only one organic component, such as cotton fabric or stuffing, but they aren't fully organic. Newton offers a mattress that is not only completely breathable to reduce suffocation risk but also offers the only washable crib mattress, making it the most hygienic sleep surface for your baby. Our products are GREENGUARD Gold Certified, proving that Newton offers only safe products for your family.
Why a breathable mattress for baby?
A breathable crib mattress not only helps to reduce the risk of suffocation but also helps regulate baby's body temperature (that's right, no more sweaty backs!) and reduces dust mites and allergens. This allows babies to sleep more comfortably and longer through the night.
What is the crib mattress size?
Standard crib mattress sizes are regulated to meet a minimum sizing of 27 1/4" x 51 5/8" and not thicker than 6 inches. Standard crib sizes, while also regulated, can vary a bit based on construction. If a crib is labeled as a standard crib, Newton Crib Mattresses will fit nice and snugly inside.