Waterproof Crib Mattress
The Waterproof (52" x 28" x 5.5"), fits all standard-size cribs.
We've got you covered. 100% breathable & washable with a waterproof lining on the toddler side, 5.5-inch thickness, and a soft, quilted removable cover.
You've made a great choice!
Choose a style
Choose a color
Our innovative Breathe-Thru Technology allows your baby to breathe right through, reducing the risk of suffocation. They’ll rest easy. You can, too.
The only crib mattress that's washable from cover to core. NO foam, glue, latex or springs, so your baby will enjoy a cleaner, hypoallergenic sleep.
100% Better Sleep
The right level of comfort, support and air circulation means your baby will sleep better on a Newton. Happy mornings — and no sweaty backs!
Essential | Original | Waterproof | Mini
2-Stage Waterproof Infant through Toddler MattressDesigned for longevity through toddler years.
100% Breathe-Thru + Waterproof CoverPlush, dual layer quilted cloud cover for extra comfort. Unsurpassed breathability with a waterproof TPU barrier added to the toddler side of the cover to help protect during potty training stages. Breathable + Machine Washable.
Natural Viscose CoverOur natural, chemical free approach for exceeding rigorous federal flammability standards. Fully breathable and machine washable.
Wovenaire® Core90% air, 10% food-grade polymer and much more breathable than leading organic mattresses. Provides just the right firmness for babies and comfort for toddlers — there’s no need to flip the mattress as your baby grows.
GREENGUARD Gold CertifiedOur mattress is independently tested and certified for low chemical emissions, exceeding the highest industry emissions safety standards to help improve indoor air quality.
The Reviews Are In
We're providing peace of mind — for bedtime and beyond.
"We purchased the Newton crib mattress for our 3 month old after extensive research. She absolutely loves the mattress and sleeps comfortably during her naps and at night. The mattress is very well designed and so breathable that I never worry about her now that she can roll to her belly. I love everything about this product including the washable covers. The soft pink is perfectly delicate and adds just the right touch!"
"I started recommending this mattress the morning after my baby slept on it for the first time—it was the first time she slept thru the night on her own! Great quality, easy to clean, baby obviously loves it so I love it too!"
"This mattress is truly breathable. I love that it is easy to clean. Our reflux baby is finally sleeping well."
"This mattress absolutely gives me peace of mind to have my child sleeping in their own room at a young age. I am no longer concerned about their ability to breathe if they turn over at night."
"We knew this was the crib mattress we needed as soon as we felt it. It's by far the most comfortable mattress we felt, and completely breathable!"
- Fully breathable, waterproof, washable and recyclable
- Wovenaire® core is 90% air by volume and 10% is made of safe, food grade polymer
- 3D quilted cloud cover is made of 100% polyester with TPU waterproof barrier on one side for ease in toddler years
- 2-stage design with longevity through toddler years
- GREENGUARD Gold certified
- The firmness they need and the comfort they want
- Tested to meet Australian Firmness Standard
- Meets all ASTM and CPSC standards. Lead & phthalate free
- Standard Dimensions: 52" x 28" x 5.5"
- Standard Weight: 14 lbs.
Shipping & Delivery
- Processing time: 1-2 business days
- Ships via FedEx
- Transit time: 3-7 days once shipped
- Free Shipping in the contiguous 48 states
- Shipping fee to HI & AK calculated at checkout based on zip code
- $50 flat fee for Canada ( includes duties and taxes)
Return & Exchanges
RETURN / EXCHANGE POLICY
- Risk-free, Easy Returns with our 100-night trial, money-back guarantee
- Easy exchanges or upgrades within 30 days of purchase.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Accidental Insurance available through Mulberry
Testing & Certification
In a third-party CPSC accredited laboratory, tests showed that a baby gets 97% more air while breathing through a Newton Crib Mattress Pad than on a conventional waterproof crib mattress.
Newton Baby products have been independently tested and certified by UL to meet GREENGUARD Gold standards for the lowest chemical emissions. The standards are among the most rigorous in the world to test for the lowest measurements of chemical emissions such as VOCs, and certifies that Newton products help to promote a healthier indoor air quality. With Newton, you can rest assured your baby is sleeping safely.
Care & Use
Washing the Cover:
- Washing the outer cover before first use is optional.
- Cover zips off and goes right in the washing machine.
- Be sure to leave the cover zipped for best results.
- Wash alone, or with the encasement only to avoid damage to the fabric.
- Wash on cold with a mild detergent.
- Tumble dry on low heat. Dry thoroughly. DO NOT hang dry.
- Wash the outer cover as often as you like.
Washing the encasement:
- Clean encasement only if soiled.
- Unzip and remove from core.
- Zip fully closed prior to wash + dry.
- Machine wash in cold water with detergent.
- Wash together with outer cover for a balanced load. Wash without any other laundry.
- Dry immediately in dryer on tumble dry low heat setting, allowing to dry thoroughly. DO NOT leave damp from wash; DO NOT hang dry.
TIP: The encasement is made with natural Viscose material which may develop an odor if allowed to remain damp (like a wool sweater). To refresh, add 1/2 cup baking soda to the wash.
Washing the core:
- For the really big mess or just for seasonal cleaning, the core can be washed whenever needed.
- Wash in the shower with soap & cool water or rinse outside with a hose.
- Shake excess water out of core and stand-up to dry.
- Place in well ventilated area for faster drying.
- Avoid drying in direct sunlight and do not use heating elements to speed the drying process.
Do I need to add anything to my Newton mattress?>
Your Newton mattress consists of the Wovenarie core material covered by a viscose encasement and the dual-layer removable outer cover with waterproof underlining on the toddler side. While your Newton mattress is the perfect sleep surface for your baby, you may consider adding some other items to create the ultimate sleep environment (and have backups in the linen closet).
- Chances are you'll want to purchase an Extra Cover. Fully removable, machine washable and interchangeable, our Extra Covers are lifesavers for parents who prefer to have one ready when late-night accidents occur.
- Our Waterproof Mattress Pad is a safe, breathable option to traditional waterproof pads. It's perfect for adding to your Newton once your little one can roll in both directions on their own (often sooner than you might think)! It's easily the best item to have in your diaper bag as well — for caregivers or when traveling — as it can add a layer of breathability to any traditional sleeping surface.
- Add sheets to your Newton from day one with our perfect-fit Organic Cotton Muslin sheets. They're as breathable as our mattress, gentle to the touch, and get softer with more washes!
Can my baby breathe through this mattress?
Newton crib mattresses were tested for air permeability, suffocation risk, and Co2 rebreathing factors in a third-party CPSC-accredited laboratory. During these tests, Newton crib mattresses showed 97% more airflow than the leading organic crib mattress, reducing the risk of suffocation.
100-Night Free Trial
Try the Newton Crib Mattress for 100 nights risk-free to decide if it's right for you and your baby. If either of you aren’t happy, simply return at our expense for a full refund.
Top 3 Crib Mattress Questions
Is a toddler bed the same size as a crib mattress?
Toddler beds are the same size as a standard crib mattress. This allows for 2-Stage mattresses to grow with your little one all the way through toddler years.
Does the waterproof crib mattress have a toddler bed side?
One side of the Waterproof Crib Mattress offers a TPU lining to protect against those larger accidents during toddler years. Use this side when transitioning your little one into a toddler bed.
Will the toddler side help with bed wetting?
The toddler side will allow for easy clean up during those late night accidents. It is a great way to give your little one the breathability and comfort they love from the Newton, with the added ease for you during those challenging years of bed wetting accidents.