The Original available in Standard Size.
Sleep well. Our 100% breathable & washable crib mattress is 5.5 inches thick and features a soft, quilted removable cover.
Product is currently unavailable.
To be notified when it's back in stock, enter your email below.
Our innovative Breathe-Thru Technology allows your baby to breathe right through, reducing the risk of suffocation. They’ll rest easy. You can, too.
The only crib mattress that's washable from cover to core. NO foam, glue, latex or springs, so your baby will enjoy a cleaner, hypoallergenic sleep.
100% Better Sleep
The right level of comfort, support and air circulation means your baby will sleep better on a Newton. Happy mornings — and no sweaty backs!
Essential | Original | Waterproof
2-Stage Infant through Toddler MattressDesigned for longevity through toddler years.
100% Breathe-Thru, Dual-Layer CoverPlush, dual layer quilted cloud cover for extra comfort. Breathable + Machine washable.
Natural Viscose CoverA natural, chemical free approach for exceeding rigorous federal flammability standards. Fully breathable and machine washable.
Wovenaire Core90% air, 10% food-grade polymer and much more breathable than leading organic mattresses. Provides just the right firmness for babies and comfort for toddlers — there’s no need to flip the mattress as your baby grows.
GREENGUARD Gold CertifiedOur mattress is independently tested and certified for low chemical emissions, exceeding the highest industry emissions safety standards to help improve indoor air quality.
2,000+ 5-Star Reviews
You, (Moms and Dads), are modern-day heroes keeping your babies safe day after day. We help you keep them safe when you say goodnight and turn out the light.
Our baby sleeps through the night because of Newton!
We purchased the Newton crib mattress for our 3 month old after extensive research. She absolutely loves the mattress and sleeps comfortably during her naps and at night. The mattress is very well designed and so breathable that I never worry about her now that she can roll to her belly. I love everything about this product including the washable covers. The soft pink is perfectly delicate and adds just the right touch!
I'm able to rest easy at night knowing she is on this mattress>
I'm already so happy I have this mattress. She automatically became a face-planter and tummy sleeper. And I'm able to rest easy at night knowing she is on this mattress.
- Fully breathable, washable and recyclable
- Wovenaire® core is made of safe, food grade polymer
- 3D cloud cover is made of 100% polyester
- 2-stage design with longevity through toddler years
- GREENGUARD Gold certified
- The firmness they need and the comfort they want
- Tested to meet Australian Firmness Standard
- Meets all ASTM and CPSC standards. Lead & phthalate free
- Standard Dimensions: 52" x 28" x 5.5"
- Standard Weight: 14 lbs.
- Ships by FedEx
- Generally arrives within 4-12 business days
- Free Shipping in the contiguous 48 states
- $50 flat fee for Canada (includes duties and taxes)
- Alaska + Hawaii shipping calculated at checkout
Testing and Certification
In a third-party CPSC accredited laboratory, tests showed that a baby gets 97% more air while breathing through a Newton Crib Mattress Pad than on a conventional waterproof crib mattress.
Newton Baby products have been independently tested and certified by UL to meet GREENGUARD Gold standards for the lowest chemical emissions. The standards are among the most rigorous in the world to test for the lowest measurements of chemical emissions such as VOCs, and certifies that Newton products help to promote a healthier indoor air quality. With Newton, you can rest assured your baby is sleeping safely.
Care & Use
Washing the Cover:
- Washing the outer cover before first use is optional.
- Cover zips off and goes right in the washing machine.
- Be sure to leave the cover zipped for best results.
- Wash on cold with a mild detergent.
- Tumble dry on low heat. Dry thoroughly. DO NOT hang dry.
- Wash the outer cover as often as you like.
Washing the encasement:
- Clean encasement only if soiled.
- Unzip and remove from core.
- Zip fully closed prior to wash + dry.
- Machine wash in cold water with detergent.
- Wash together with outer cover for a balanced load. Wash without any other laundry.
- Dry immediately in dryer on tumble dry low heat setting, allowing to dry thoroughly. DO NOT leave damp from wash; DO NOT hang dry.
TIP: The encasement is made with natural Viscose material which may develop an odor if allowed to remain damp (like a wool sweater). To refresh, add 1/2 cup baking soda to the wash
Washing the core:
- For the really big mess or just for seasonal cleaning, the core can be washed whenever needed.
- Wash in the shower with soap & cool water or rinse outside with a hose.
- Shake excess water out of core and stand-up to dry.
- Place in well ventilated area for faster drying.
- Avoid drying in direct sunlight and do not use heating elements to speed the drying process.
100-Night Free Trial
Try the Newton Crib Mattress for 100 nights risk-free to decide if it's right for you and your baby. If either of you aren’t happy, simply return at our expense for a full refund.
Top 3 Crib Mattress Questions
Is your baby mattress organic?
While the Newton Crib Mattress is not organic, it is a safer crib mattress for baby. Most "organic" baby crib mattresses feature only one organic component, such as cotton fabric or stuffing, but they aren't fully organic. Newton offers a mattress that is not only completely breathable to reduce suffocation risk but also offers the only washable crib mattress, making it the most hygienic sleep surface for your baby. Our products are GREENGUARD Gold certified, proving that Newton offers only safe products for your family.
Why a breathable mattress for baby?
A breathable, washable crib mattress not only helps to reduce the risk of suffocation but also helps regulate the baby's body temperature (that's right, no more sweaty backs!) and reduces dust mites and allergens. This allows babies to sleep more comfortably and longer through the night.
What is the crib mattress size?
Standard crib mattress sizes are regulated to meet a minimum sizing of 27 1/4" x 51 5/8" and not thicker than 6 inches. Standard crib sizes, while also regulated, can vary a bit based on construction. If a crib is labeled as a standard crib, Newton Crib Mattresses will fit nice and snuggly inside.
You've made a great choice!
Choose a style
Choose a color