You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
We've launched a revolution-airy crib mattress pad on KickStarter! By adding a cushion of freely circulating air, this innovative crib mattress pad provides a universal solution for safety and comfort in any crib.
Statistics show that more babies die in their cribs in their first year than anywhere else and that suffocation is the leading cause of non-injury related deaths amongst babies. For safety reasons, AAP guidelines recommend that parents always place their babies to sleep on their backs. However, a recent Harvard study warns safe-sleep guidelines have done nothing to reduce infant deaths in 25 years. In fact, the rate of babies dying from suffocation has increased since safe-sleep recommendations were published in 1992.
Lead author of the Harvard study, Prof. Joel Bass, chair of the Newton-Wellesley Hospital department of pediatrics in Massachusetts, said: “There actually has been a dramatic and unexpected increase in deaths attributed to suffocation and asphyxiation in both newborns and infants up to one year old, and these deaths are potentially preventable.”
Newton Baby’s primary mission is to provide safer, better sleep for all babies and believes that many of these deaths from suffocation are avoidable with the simple solution of a breathable sleeping surface. In the typical crib, the mattress and waterproofing pad completely seals out air, making it impossible for a baby to breathe while face down. Even when the AAP’s guidelines are strictly followed, in about the third month, babies begin rolling over during the night, and many of them find they prefer to sleep this way.
The secret to a safer, healthier, cleaner crib is a breathable sleeping surface.
In coming up with a universal solution the Newton Baby team asked itself if parents are going to protect their mattress from spills, why can’t they also protect their babies from suffocation? The traditional waterproof mattress pad used by nearly every mom protects the crib mattress from spills but increases the risk of suffocation and does nothing to help babies sleep better. Newton Baby’s latest innovation places nearly a half-inch cushion of air above a TPU layer of waterproof protection. This breathable sleeping surface reduces the risk of suffocation, provides greater sleeping comfort, and reduces allergens and toxic emissions.
Independent testing proves real safety benefits.
An independent CPSC-accredited testing laboratory performed a before and after suffocation test using the leading “organic” crib mattress and the Newton Crib Mattress Pad. The transformation was remarkable. The mattress alone was described as “a suffocation risk;” however, once the Newton pad was added, the risk was diminished to being on par with ordinary unobstructed breathing.
The Newton Crib Mattress Pad is constructed of three layers. The top two layers are 3-dimensional spacer material that provides the cushion of freely circulating air. The bottom layer is a non-toxic TPU layer which provides the waterproof protection. The 100% polyester construction provides durability and easy washing. The fitted pad skirt measures 28 inches in width, 52 inches in length, and 6 inches in height, and fits standard-size crib and toddler mattresses. The mattress pad is 100% machine washable.
Newton Baby founder Michael Rothbard says: “We’ve been overwhelmed by the positive response we’ve received from parents to the Newton Crib Mattress. They tell us all the time how they’re amazed that they can breathe right through it, and can now rest better with peace of mind knowing their baby is sleeping safe.” Rothbard continues: “Now, we’re extremely pleased to make the breathable sleeping surface that so many parents love in our mattress accessible to even more families.”
The Newton Baby Crib Mattress Pad will have an expected retail price of $69.99.
From Monday, December 11 through Wednesday, December 20, you can enter for a chance to win a free Newton Crib Mattress if you #tagyoursanta in the comments below.
Use the link below to like us on Facebook and upload a photo of your little one in their Halloween costume on a Newton Crib Mattress and you'll be entered for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Don't forget to tag us @newtonbabyrest!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The '$50 Amazon Gift Card' ("Sweepstakes") begins on 10/24/2017 at 12:00 AM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 11/02/2017 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) (the "Promotion Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Newton Baby Inc ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Colombia who are 18 or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by 72 hours by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 72 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
4. Prizes: 1 (#) winner(s) will receive [(1) $50 Amazon Gift Card] (approximate retail value or "ARV": $50)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Colombia. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at https://www.newtonbaby.com/blogs/hush/share-your-photo-to-enter-to-win.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Newton Baby Inc cc: $50 Amazon Gift Card at 295 Fifth Ave Suite 1112. Request must be received no later than 72 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Newton Baby Inc, 295 Fifth Ave Suite 1112, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Sign up to receive special offers, giveaways, expert advice & announcements.